Creating a Relational Data Map

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM
We are trying to create a Data Map with 2 CSV files and we are trying to create a  1 to N relation between the 2 CSV files but I can not see where we can create the relationship between the two tables when I go into the Transformation tools within the Data Map Editor it will only let me select fields form within the currnely selected table it will not show me the filed to my other CSV to link to. How do I create this relationship in the Map Editor.
Jul 23, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Hi Animan,

Let me first see if I understoold your problem. You have 2 csv files, lets say one for Entity A and one for Entity B. Now you want to create a relationship between Entity A and B. If this is exactly your problem then I guess you are not using the right tool. The tool is meant for creating Maps for Data migration from one CRM system to another. So if you a csv file say account.csv which has all your accounts data. And you want to migrate this data from CSV to MSCRM system then you can create a map between fields of account.csv and CRM account (or any other) entity. This map will reflect, how data will be imported/migrated to CRM system. You can use Data Migration Map editor to load CSV and read its fields in CSV files, then you can choose entity in CRM as target entity. And then you can map attributes of CSV file with CRM entity attributes.

Let me know if you have any questions from me or if I did not understand your problem correctly.

Thanks,
Gaurav