Issues with the tool

Developer
May 8, 2008 at 6:21 AM
Hi Guyz,
Thanks for showing interest in the tool. As we know nothing is perfect in this world, so is this tool. So it would really help me a lot in improving it in future if you could tell me the issues you faced using this tool. These issues could be related to user experiance, functionality, usage etc.

Please take a minute or 2 of yours and provide me feedback. I really am thankful for your time.

Thanks,
Gaurav
May 12, 2008 at 8:45 PM

How should Config Details be set if trying to set it up on the CRM400208 Virtual Machine?

All attempts have returned errors.

When it tries to save the config I get this error: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string

If I continue I get a 401 Unauthorized error.  I am using the administrator user.

Thanks.

Developer
May 13, 2008 at 1:25 PM
Hi Ragan,
           I will look into this issue and get back with an answer. By any chance did you try to run it on 64 bit machine?

Thanks,
Gaurav
May 13, 2008 at 1:44 PM
Hello Gaurav,
I am running the virtual machine on a Windows XP SP2 32 bit machine using Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.
Thanks,
Ragan
Developer
May 19, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Hi Ragan,
        Can you please exactly tell me the environment you are using? The pieces of information I am looking for are:

• Machine where CRM server is installed? Are you using VPC for CRM server? What is the OS for CRM server machine?
  • Machine where you are using my tool? Is it same as server machine? If not can you tell me OS on that machine and if it is also a VPC machine?
  • Are you able to ping (and also access CRM server webservices url) CRM server machine from the machine where you are using my tool?
  • Are you using my tool in 'Server' or 'DM client' mode?

All these informations will really help me find the root cause and tell you the solution.

Thanks for your time,
Gaurav

May 19, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Hello Gaurav,
Running the CRM400208 virtual machine would provide the exact same environment that I am using.
The full machine name on the VPC install is MOSS.litwareinc.com
I am using the CRM400208 virtual disk on Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 with the ram set to 1704MB.
The OS is Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise with SP2.
I installed and was running the tool on this same machine (inside of the
Virtual PC machine, of course).
Everything is on one machine and CRM seems to be running fine.
I have tried running the tool with both Server and DM client mode.
Thank you for your help.
Ragan